Ladies, gentlemen, and individuals of a non-binary nature, I give to you THE LES MIS ACCENT CHALLENGE! Alternatively titled, “Just How Badly Can We Screw Up These Pronunciations?“ and ”Bring Your Crappy Attempts At French To Work Day”!
- First off, let’s start with something easy. Say “Les Misérables”.
- Shake your fist at the camera and say “VICTOR HUGO“ in a menacing manner.
- Tell us your favourite line from the musical. Bonus points if you sing it. Bonus bonus points if you act it out dramatically.
- Read out the following names: Jean Valjean, Javert, Fantine, Thenardier, Eponine, Euphrasie, Cosette Fauchelevent, Montparnasse, Claquesous, Babet.
- Who do you think is the most misunderstood character?
- Say “WE NEED AS MUCH FURNITURE AS YOU CAN THROW DOWN” like Fra Fee does in the movie. (Read as: “we need as mach foornichurr as yew can thraow daown”)
- Do you prefer the movie or the stage show?
- Favourite line from the Brick?
- If you’ve seen more than one version of Les Mis, who did you think was the best in certain roles?
- Read out tHESE names (good luck): Enjolras, Combeferre, Courfeyrac, Feuilly, Bahorel, Bossuet, Grantaire, Jehan, Joly, Marius Pontmercy, Les Amis de l’ABC.
- Who is your favourite character and what’s your favourite thing they say or do in any version of the story? (Brick/Musical/Movie)
- Give us a Modern AU headcanon. Go on, you know you want to.
- Scream “TO THE BARRICADES!” in an authoritative voice. Bonus points for doing the triumphant trumpets that follow.
- Who do you ship?
- Anything passive aggressive you’d like to say to the Cosette haters? (⊙‿⊙✿)